Thursday, July 16, 2015

Woo Hoo for Woo Rank!!!

This week we ran our websites through Woorank to find areas where we can improve and optimize our sites so that we can improve our ranking and online visibility.  This was probably my favorite assignment of the semester!  Why?  Because I feel like I have a handle on most of the items, but I miss the mark when I forget to incorporate all the different tasks.

For instance - I always include alternate text when posting pics at work, yet somehow I missed it on my website.  It might have just been an oversight when I posted the picture, or it might be that the place I enter that information wasn't obvious and I have to research how to do it on that system.

Another area that I have to improve on is my meta tags.  I felt like I was being too "wordy" when I added mine.  Turns out, I was too brief and I need to add more.

I appreciated how quickly woorank gave me the results and now I have a nice little checklist of things to improve.  I love checklists so that works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment