Monday, February 13, 2017

Feeling Clean and Whole

This week we studied Romans.  In Romans, the Apostle Paul is writing a letter to the people while he is on his mission in Corinth. Paul warns them about wickedness and teaches about the importance of combining works with the grace of God.

I have always found many nuggets of wisdom in Romans that come to my mind often as I try to navigate life.

Romans 2:13
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

This scripture reminds me that it is not enough for me to hear the gospel, I must also live the gospel.  What does that mean?  It means that I continually look at my life and make sure I have things in balance.  Am I attending my meetings?  Am I reading my scriptures?  Am I leading a life that is in keeping with Gospel standards?  Am I using good language?  Am I serving my fellow man?

I could go on and list many other questions that I ask myself at different times, but that list would make it seem daunting and I don't feel like that is the intent.  We are not expected to BE perfect, but we are expected to seek perfection.  We know we will fall short.  We have so many temptations and demands upon our time.  Part of our journey here is to experience these things so that we can learn to choose.

For those times when I fall short and I know I have made mistakes, I am grateful for the Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment